Maple Taffy Recipe
1 can (540 ml) of maple syrup from Ferme Pomerleau et Frères
10 wooden sticks (for eating the candy)
- Pour the maple syrup into a large enough saucepan.
- Fill a tray with snow and pack it down well to obtain a smooth surface. Leave the tray outside.
- Boil the maple syrup over medium-high heat and use a thermometer to monitor the temperature.
- Bring the syrup to a temperature of 237°F to 240°F for approximately 20 minutes. It is very important to never stir the syrup during and after cooking. To know if the candy is ready, drop a few drops into the bottom of a glass of cold water. If small balls form, your candy is ready.
- Pour the mixture over the snow, trying to make lines about 4 inches long and ½ inch wide.
- Take a stick and roll it over the taffy.