- 1 wild turkey breast, cut into cubes.
- 1 cup of smoked bacon cubes.
- 12 g of dried morels, previously rehydrated.
- 1 leek, well cleaned and cut into rings.
- 1 Spanish onion, diced.
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- 540 ml of pre-cooked white beans.
- 1 litre of chicken stock.
- 473 ml of cooking cream.
- 3 tablespoons of old-fashioned mustard.
- 2 branches of fresh sage.
- 2 bay leaves.
- 3 tablespoons of duck fat.
- Salt and pepper.
- Rehydrate the morels and keep the rehydration water.
- In a large pot, heat the duck fat. Add the cubes of lardons and colour them well. Add the onion, leek and garlic and sweat quietly while stirring for 5 minutes.
- Add the turkey cubes, stir and lightly colour for 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add chicken stock, cream, mustard, morels, sage and bay leaves. Cover and simmer over low heat for 30 to 45 minutes or until turkey cubes are tender.
- When the turkey is tender, add a little of the morels water to adjust the thickness of your sauce. Stir well and add the white beans. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Adjust the seasoning to your taste. Serve with a good loaf of bread to dip in the delicious sauce!